Friday, November 5, 2010

LG Fashion Week - PART TEN (Amanda Lew Kee)

Amanda Lew Kee

Patent: The collection was soft and romantic, yet had a bit of edge. What was your inspiration?

Lew Kee: Well I took a drive to Muskoka in the summer. And I really took the colour palette and the shapes and layering from that experience. But I really wanted to work with other production of material,so I took metal and created a metal purse, which is a lot lighter than it usually is. I took really light leathers to create something that looked really heavy, boxy and structured. This is what I came up with.

Patent: It sounds like you were experimenting with nature in a way.

Lew Kee: I was. I  am twenty-one.

Patent: What has been your best experience about Fashion Week so far?

Lew Kee: Opening night. Other than that I haven't had a chance to see the other shows. I had to work on my show, but just being around here and feeling the buzz of the city has been very exciting.

Patent: Three  words that would define your collection.

Lew Kee:  Ooh...Spontaneous, Organic and Calling.

Patent: Who are you trying to appeal to?

Lew Kee: I design for myself because that's what I know about. But my clothes are for someone who is confident in their style and wants to stand out in a subtle way. Someone who looks for quality and construction of fabrics as well.

Patent: If you could patent one thing in your closet, what would it be?

Lew Kee: My blue lipstick.

BY: BRANDII STYLES





Photography by BEAU

Make Sure you check out our new issue www.patentonlinemag.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Amount of ♥ We Get

MySpace Web Counters

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP