Friday, November 5, 2010

LG Fashion Week - PART EIGHT (Lauren Bagliore)

Lauren Bagliore

Patent: You used black and white as your colour palette as opposed to the colours  that other designers opted for with their collections. What inspired this?

Bagliore: The collection was called La Risurrezione: Dalla Scura alla Luce which in Italian means The Resurrection: From the Darkness to the Light. The inspiration really goes back to what I went through personally in the last year; a lot of sadness and personal tragedy in my life. I almost didn't do a collection but I persevered. But then there was a moment when I said, " This is what I was born to do." So I really came out of that place and decided to make a collection based on the theme of coming from the dark into the light. So I used a gauze to create an effect of a mummy rising from the tomb. You see that I used an translucent fabric to the light. So yes I did stick to that colour palette to illustrate that. Mainly we do the monochromatic thing and add a little colour. But it's what I wear. It's what I love.

Patent: Well you know that there's a saying that says " The darkest part of the night is just before dawn." Do you think that's accurate?  Were you able to translate the trials of your personal life into the collection?

Bagliore: No I've never heard that. That's beautiful and I think you get it. It was very  dark before the dawn. I really feel like this collection does that. Someone said to me  goth, but I thought no. It actually the opposite. It's about hope (esperanza). From despair to...


Patent: Celebration?

Bagliore: Exactly. Wow you understand. Thank you! [laughter]


Patent: Three  words that would define your collection.

Bagliore: Three words? I'd have to say edgy, feminine and bold.


Patent: With the economy making a somewhat sluggish return to normal after the global recession, what is fashion saying to society right now?

Bagliore: After all we've been through in the economy, I launched and I made some economy pieces. For instance, the Desiree endless dress that can be worn in endless ways. We're still a designer collection selling at a a designer price point but we give you more options.  But I feel what we're saying in terms of fashion is that we're alive on this planet celebrate. Let's look at art and let's dress beautifully. Let's come out of these ashes into beauty and celebrate. That's what people want to see. People want to see shape, and I think that's what we're showing on the runway. Architectural, fluid draping.

Patent: If you could patent one thing in your closet, what would it be?

Bagliore: Oh gosh...one thing. It would probably be that Jill Marie dress over there. It was the first one I started draping. 

BY: BRANDII STYLES






Photography by BEAU

Make Sure you check out our new issue www.patentonlinemag.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Amount of ♥ We Get

MySpace Web Counters

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP