Friday, November 5, 2010

LG Fashion Week - PART SEVEN (Baby Steinberg)

Baby Steinberg

Patent: I see that with your line you utilized a lot of the things we discard as waste. However, you find the beauty in those things. What sparked this inspiration?

Steinberg: I'm Brazilian, so I think that's where it comes from. I like to say that Brazilian people can make something out of nothing. When I started doing clothing two years ago, I stuck with that using that as my background. I would see something and think " I could recycle that." Soon I had people in my neighborhood saving things for me to use. All my designs come from things that people don't use anymore and are throwing in the garbage.

Patent: Three words that would describe your collection. 

Steinberg: Reclaim. Refurbish. Refresh. 

Patent:  With the theme being the 'Power of Style', how would you define that?

Steinberg: It doesn't matter how much money you have, you can still be trendy and glamourous with nothing.  

Patent: What has been the best thing about LG Fashion Week?

Steinberg: I was very happy that I was chosen to do the iconic dress for fashion week. The green dress took 17 hours to make and I think it came out beautifully. It was very gratifying for me to see the dress in completion and being recognized by fashion week at large.  
Patent:Since fashion and society are so closely intertwined, what do you think fashion is trying to say to society right now?

Steinberg: Maybe to minimize a bit. Choose your pieces. You may like the big brands but be smart. Buy a big brand and then smaller ones and mix and match. Redo your clothing through vintage stores. And most importantly, recycle.

Patent: If you could patent one thing in your closet, what would it be?

Steinberg: My leopard-print coat. 

BY: BRANDII STYLES





Source 
 
Make Sure you check out our new issue www.patentonlinemag.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Amount of ♥ We Get

MySpace Web Counters

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP