Monday, January 18, 2010

From the Fashion Archives - 1920's

Hello Patent Readers!

My name is Amanda Mersereau and I am the newest addition to Patent, as their resident blogger! Four times a week I will take you through everything from fashion history and designer bios to "It" items and hotspots for shopping, food and nightlife in the GTA. I will cover the hottest topics and trends to keep my readers updated and on top of everything pertaining to the urban lifestyle. Enjoy!



From the fashion archives...

Once a week I will take you back in time to a decade in the 20th century. I will outline trends from that decade, and show you where these trends can be found on today's runways and clothing racks. This week I will cover the 1920's, when women started to revolt and the flappers paved the way for women everywhere to show a bit of skin!



This decade was nicknamed "The Roaring 20's" for a reason! This was the Jazz Age, when young men and women would stay out late and dance. They would attend extravagantly glamorous parties; fashionable and carefree. After the war, women's fashion began to change. Dresses and haircuts were shorter, and women often wore embellished headbands, much like they do today.



Some pictures of how flapper style can be achieved today, at a party or on the runway


Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

flappers are cool!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Amount of ♥ We Get

MySpace Web Counters

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP